Wayne Rooney says he is strong enough to handle being criticised after he ended his 10-game goal drought for Manchester United.

Rooney has been under scrutiny after a poor start to the season but scored a hat-trick in the 4-0 win over Club Brugge in the Champions League.

"If I didn't have a strong character that (the criticism) may have affected me but I know my quality," he said.

"If the goals don't go in I still bring a lot to my team-mates."

England captain Rooney has been playing as United's main striker so far this season but had not scored in the side's opening four games of the campaign.

He went into the game in Brugge with his last United goal having come against Aston Villa in April, but he ended his 878-minute club scoring drought in emphatic manner.

His first was a dink over keeper Sinan Bolat before he sidefooted in and then swept in a shot, while Ander Herrera grabbed the fourth.

The victory secured United's place in the Champions League group stages draw following a one-season absence.

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal highlighted Rooney's strength of character following his hat-trick.

Source : Sports Betting Malaysia Senibet